We dance again !
We start with the Lindy Hop Workshops in September and October and the
☞ LINDY HOP ☜ ALL THE CATS JOIN IN – Fall Workshop-Weekend Oktober 9th – 10th 2021
finde more infos here!
whether they can take place depends on Corona and possible restrictions in autumn.
The Lindy Hop Workshops in September and October is fully booked.
The next series of workshops – if possible – starts for Improver, Intermediate and Intermediate / Advanced Level in November. The next beginners workshop is planned for January 2022.
Our workshops takes place in compliance with the current Covid-19 regulations. That means there is 3G – so tested, vaccinated or recovered! Find our Corona Präventionskonzept here
In the unlikely event of problems with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindy Hop is nowadays the most well known and most wide-spread among the swing dances which are experiencing a comeback since the end of the 20th century. Created in Harlem, New York, in the Roaring 20s, it soon became due to legendary performance groups such as „Whitey’s Lindy Hoppers“ the most famous dance of the Swing era.
Building up on its own technique, the dance allows a lot of room for improvisation and interpretation of the music it is being danced to. Thus, every dancer can bring her/his own style into the dance and develop it with their dance partners.
Like the Lindy Hop, Shag has its roots in the 1920s and 1930s, particularly favoured and wide-spread among College Kids – hence the name.
„…Collegiate Shag exudes youthful exuberance. Its bouncy hops and purposefully gawky, whimsical style give it a fun-filled flair.“ Tamara Stevens „Swing Dancing“, 2011, p. 120
Balboa was created in the 1920ies, concurrently with Charleston and Lindy Hop. The dance is characterized by the close dance pose, and the dance experience is originates from subtle weight changes and playful footwork. It is danced primarily to fast music and due to its space-efficient nature it is well suited on crowded floors. Through combination with moves from Charleston and Lindy Hop, Balboa is transformed into Bal-Swing. Watch this video if you want to learn about Balboa’s history. Here is a playlist with songs especially suitable for beginners.
The „iconic“ dance of the 1920s, the Charleston still enjoys great fame for its kick steps, crazy knees and other „wild“ moves. You can dance it both solo and in pairs, it is rather well suited for fast music.
Solo Charleston is usually being thaught in choreographies but the different steps are very useful, if you don’t have a partner at hand or wish to dance alone.
Slow DragSlow Drag is a couple dance from the early 1930s with African-American roots. We dance to slow blues and jazz music. Historically seen, this dance is considered one of the origins of all swing dances. The dance is strongly connected to the music and is danced individually very different, like the music is played in many ways. With the mostly slow music there is plenty of room for individual expression in the dance. There is a lot of call-and-response, the roles can be changed, every dance partner can take the lead. Here you will find a playlist of beginner-friendly songs.
- Collegiate Shag-Workshop für Beginners ab 25.02.20
- Charleston-Workshop 03.02. & 10.02.2020
- Balboa-Workshop für Intermediates am 11.01.20
- Slow Drag Workshops ab 26.11.19
- Authentic Jazz Workshops ab 26.11.19
- Lindy Hop-Improver-Workshops ab 25.11.19
- Balboa-Workshop für Intermediates am 02.11.19
- Balboa-Workshop für Beginner, ab 08.10.19
- Lindy Hop-Workshops ab 07.10.19
- Lindy Hop-Beginner-Workshops ab 07.10.19
- Authentic Jazz-Workshops ab 04.04.19
- Balboa-Workshops für Improver und Intermediates, ab 26.03.19
- Lindy Hop-Improver-Workshops ab 25.03.19
- Collegiate Shag-Workshop für Improver und Intermediates, ab 5.02.2019
- Lindy Hop-Workshops ab 04.02.19
- Lindy Hop-Beginner-Workshops ab 04.02.19
- Lindy Guest Teacher Series mit Tina & Luka, ab 14.01.19
- Lindy Hop-Improver-Workshops ab 19.11.18
- Collegiate Shag-Workshop für Beginner umd Intermediates, ab 13.11.18
- AuthenticJazz-Workshops ab 08.11.18